Although players can build incredibly detailed movie recreations, villages, and other things in the game Minecraft, the possibilities don’t really extend to your default character skin. In fact, we believe that the default skins in Minecraft are deplorable, but how can you alter the appearance of your character without a built-in skin editor?
The good news is that changing your skin in Minecraft is possible, though the procedure varies slightly depending on your platform. Here, we walk you through how to switch your skin in the PC, console, and mobile versions of Minecraft.
How to make a Minecraft skin
Before you can change your skin, youll first need to have a new skin to change to. The developers of Minecraft offer a few custom skins for free, usually created in honor of special events. You can also check out websites like The Skindex, which host user-created skins that you can download and use yourself.
How to change your skin on Minecraft Java
1. Choose Skins from the top menu after launching the Minecraft Launcher.
2. Click New skin to add a new skin.
3. On the “Add new skin” page, select Browse. Click Open after finding and selecting your, making sure it has the required dimensions and is in PNG format.
4. If you’d like, give your skin a name, select the “Classic” or “Slim” size, and then click Save. When the game first launches, your character will have the new skin.
How to change your skin on Minecraft Bedrock
Similar to Java Edition, you can upload a skin for your Bedrock character model that you created yourself or that you downloaded from the internet. You can find almost any cosmetic you can imagine thanks to the large number of talented Minecraft players who are eager to share their skins.
Just keep in mind that this is only accessible when using a PC. You cant import skins on a game console.
1. Launch Bedrock Edition and select Dressing Room from the menu on the right, beneath your character model.
2. Select one of your current models from the list of characters, then click Edit Character, or choose a blank space, then click Create Character. It doesn’t matter if you select Character or Classic Skin in the pop-up if you’re creating a new character.
3. You now have a few options for changing your character’s skin. There are two menus available using the icons in the left sidebar:
- You can precisely alter every aspect of your character’s body and attire using the Character Creator menu.
- You can upload your own skin or purchase one created by someone else under the Classic Skins tab. Click the empty space under Owned Skins, then click Choose New Skin on the right, if you want to upload your own.
After finishing, click the Dressing Room icon once more in the top-left corner. It will save all of your changes and enable you to use your new character to begin playing.
How to change your skin on Minecraft PE
1. Go to a third-party Minecraft skin website on your mobile device and download the skin you want to use.
2. Launch the Minecraft application, then select the Dressing Room button.
3. Choose Classic Skins by tapping on the three horizontal bars in the top left corner of your screen.
4. When a dropdown menu appears, select the gray skin by tapping Owned.
5. Choose a new skin, then choose the image you want to use.
Quick tip: The Marketplace will let you buy readily available skins if you tap Get more.
How to change your skin on a game console
The procedures for changing your skin in Minecraft PE and on video game consoles are identical.
Press the corresponding shortcut button, shown in the illustration, or move your stick to the left until the menu expands in place of the three horizontal bars. On a PlayStation 4, the shortcut is Options.
How To Change Skin In Minecraft (Updated) | Minecraft Skin Tutorial
How do I change my Minecraft skin in Java?
Open the Minecraft Launcher and choose Skins from the top menu to change your skin in the Java version of the game. Click New skin to add a new skin. On the “Add new skin” page, select Browse. If you’d like, give your skin a name, select the “Classic” or “Slim” size, and then click Save.
How do you get Minecraft Skins on PC?
You can upload your own unique skin to the mobile and Windows 10 versions of Minecraft by going to the Profile page.