You will learn how to create a modded Minecraft server in this article, along with recommendations for the best modded servers to use.
The Minecraft game is extremely popular amongst gamers. It is simple, user-friendly, and fun to play. The little man in this game wanders around and completes various tasks to construct his world. It sounds easy, but its fame and accessibility make it a popular and addictive game. Furthermore, there is much more to learn and discover in the game than just this. You can choose to play this game in either single-player or multiplayer mode. To play a multiplayer game, you require a hosting server. You have a variety of options from which to select the server.
Additionally, you can also set up your own server if you don’t want a separate website host.
We’re here to outline a step-by-step process for creating a modded Minecraft server and to list the best ones currently on the market.
Here are some requirements you need in order to set up a modded Minecraft server before we get started:
- Step 1: Install Minecraft, Add Forge Mod Loader. …
- Step 2: Install Forge Server, Accept EULA. …
- Step 3: Gather Your Mods. …
- Step 4: Reduce Lag. …
- Step 5: Port Forward the Server. …
- Step 6: All Done! …
- 2 People Made This Project! …
- 108 Comments.
Modded Minecraft Server Requirements
The complexity of managing a modded Minecraft server is barely distinguishable from that of a vanilla Minecraft server. The usual prerequisites for running the server on a PC still hold true:
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU.
- At least 4GB of RAM.
- a minimum of 150 MB of HDD storage for the server’s files, plus additional room for mods
- 10 Mbps wired/ethernet internet connection.
- Access to your router’s web interface for port-forwarding.
- Latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
To install mods on your server, you also need:
- Minecraft Forge modding API.
- Mod files.
Be aware that each mod can only be used with a particular version of Minecraft Forge, so be sure to download and install the appropriate version. For instance, the well-known Midnight mod is only compatible with Minecraft Forge version 1. 15. 2.
How to Make a Modded Minecraft Server: 5 Steps
We will now walk you through creating a modified Minecraft server.
Download and Install Forge Server
- Download the installer that is compatible with your mods by visiting the Minecraft Forge downloads page.
- Find the installer file on your HDD and run it. The default filename format is forge-x. x. x-x. x. xxx-installer. jar.
- Run the installer and select Install server.
- Choose an installation directory, for example C:Minecraft Forge Server
- Wait for the installation to finish and click OK.
Start Forge Server and Accept EULA
- Navigate to Forge server installation directory, e.g., C:Minecraft Forge Server
- Run the run. bat file. The server must now have more files and directories to function as a result.
- Open the newly generated eula. txt file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Change the line eula=false to eula=true.
- Run the run. bat file again to check if the server is working.
Finding players for your modified Minecraft server is simple with Glimpse. By clicking the button below, you can sign up to become a Glimpse Content Creator and use the Gaming Servers feature to share your server with supporters who donate Glimpse tokens to you ($1 USD = 1 token). With our tutorial How to Stream on Glimpse, you can learn how to use Glimpse.
Download and Install Mods
The CurseForge website is the best resource for downloading mods for Minecraft. Make sure to note the version of Minecraft that a mod needs to run when downloading it. To join and play, players must downgrade their version of Minecraft if they intend to run older mods.
Installation example for the Midnight mod:
- Download midnight-0.5.11.jar from CurseForge.
- Place midnight-0.5.11.jar in C:Minecraft Forge ServerMods
Port Forward Your Server and Find Your Server IP
If you don’t make your server public, players won’t be able to connect to it. Open the necessary server ports through the web interface of your router to make your server visible online. If you have trouble accessing your router:
- Browse to PortForward, a website for troubleshooting port-forwarding issues.
- Select your router model from the list.
- Follow the instructions on how to access your router.
- Go to port-forwarding settings.
- Open the following ports:
- TCP: 25565
- UDP: 19132-19133, 25565
Your server’s IP is also required for players to connect to it. By typing “what’s my ip” into Google and copying the result, you can find your IP address the quickest.
Start the Server
To start your modded Minecraft server, run the run. bat file from your server directory, e. g. , C:Minecraft Forge Server.
You now have a working Minecraft server.
How to Connect to a Modded Minecraft Server
To connect to your modded Minecraft server, players must:
- Download the Minecraft Forge installer and select Install client.
- Place any necessary mods in the Mods directory of their Minecraft installation after downloading them.
- Select the appropriate Minecraft Forge installation (e. g. , 1. 15. 2) from the Minecraft Launcher and launch the game.
- Navigate to Multiplayer in the main menu.
- Click Add Server. Choose any name for the server. Enter the server IP address (the value returned by the previous step’s “what’s my ip” query). )Click Done.
Problems with the Minecraft server are rare and typically simple to fix. Here is a list of the most common server issues.
Incorrect Forge or Mod Version
The mods you’re trying to use might not work with the Forge server version you’re using. Make sure you download the correct Forge version before attempting to use it. For example, Midnight mod requires Minecraft 1. 15. 2 to run, so you need a Minecraft Forge 1. 15. 2 server installation.
Sometimes the server won’t start because of duplicate . jar files in the Mods directory. Make sure to delete or rename the offending files.
Some mods require other mods to run. If you don’t satisfy those dependencies, your server won’t start. Visit a mod’s page on CurseForge and select the Relations tab to view its dependencies. Download and install any missing mod dependencies.
One of the most enjoyable ways to play multiplayer Minecraft is on a modded server. You can use all of your favorite mods while playing on custom Minecraft maps. Try it out; running a modded server is almost as simple as running a regular one.
Selling access to your gaming servers for Minecraft, Steam, Terraria, Rust, 7 Days to Die, Starbound, and the majority of other games is simple with Glimpse. You can directly connect your server to our esports platform and enable access to it at a sponsorship level by using our esports platform.
- Sell access to your server within sponsorships
- Whitelist specific users for your gaming server
- Use webhooks to connect your server in several simple clicks
- Glimpse%E2%80%99s monetization system charges 0% commission so you get 100% of your earnings
Ilja Aradski is a writer, tech enthusiast, gamer, and the go-to content provider for Glimpses. Through his writing about live streaming, video games, and the content industry as a whole, he hopes to make content creation accessible to everyone. Though his friends disagree, he believes himself to be an expert gamer.
Minecraft players love collecting achievements. Some do it to brag to their online friends, others….
Players can live out their fantasy of surviving in a dangerous environment by playing survival games. Players must….
Servers for Minecraft: Java Edition use a lot of PC resources, particularly RAM. If your Minecraft….
How To Make a Modded Minecraft Server in 1.19.3 (Forge Server)
How to make modded Minecraft servers?
Download and install Forge Server to create a modded Minecraft server in five easy steps. Download the installer that is compatible with your mods by visiting the Minecraft Forge downloads page. Start Forge Server and Accept EULA. Download and Install Mods. Port Forward Your Server and Find Your Server IP. Start the Server.
How do I host a modded server?
Uploading Mod FilesOpen the FTP File Access menu item on the main panel page. Create or find the mods folder here, then click to open it. Press the Upload button in the top-left corner. Drag + drop the mod . Once uploaded to 100%, return to the main panel page and restart the server
How much does it cost to make a modded Minecraft server?
Best Modded Minecraft Hosting Providers. $2. 99 per month. $3. 00 per month.
How can I play modded Minecraft with friends?
Open Minecraft and go into the “Multiplayer” tab. Towards the bottom, click on “Add Server”. Enter any name you like under “Server Name,” followed by the server’s IP address and port, and click “Done.”