This guide is for you if you enjoy playing Minecraft and want to play with your friends on another platform. We provide instructions on how to play Minecraft on both your PC and Xbox.
One of the most played video games ever is called “Minecraft.” It is popular worldwide and is played by many people in different nations. The game’s support for multiplayer is a key factor in its enormous popularity. It allowed friends and families to play Minecraft together online. Cross-platform compatibility is the next step the creators have taken. On any device or system, you can play with your friends. Let’s see how we can cross-play Minecraft.
Minecraft Better Together Update
The Minecraft Better Together Update is a patch that was added to the game. To get it, you need to be running the latest version of Minecraft. This update was announced in 2017 so if you’re running the latest version of the game on your console/computer/phone, you already have it.
Cross-play support for PlayStation users was added in December 2019 You should already have it if the game is updated on your console as we are well into 2020.
How to Cross-play Minecraft: PS4/Xbox/PC/Switch
In order to cross-play Minecraft you need to;
- Create a free Xbox account. If you don’t play on an Xbox, you don’t need Xbox Live.
- You must now connect your Xbox account to the Minecraft account you’ll be using to play. You must complete this on the device you’re using to play. Open Minecraft on your PS4 console, and then click the “Sign in for free” button that appears. Sign in with the Xbox account that you created. Minecraft will direct you to this page after you log in and display a code on the console. Enter the code on the page and click Let’s Play. Open Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch and choose the “Sign in for free” option. Sign in with the Xbox account that you created. You will see a code on your console. Enter it on this page. If prompted, sign in to your Xbox account once more, and the two accounts will be connected. For Xbox: You don’t need to do anything because your account is already set up. Open Minecraft on Windows 10 and select the Sign In button in the bottom left corner. Once you sign in using your Xbox account, you can proceed.
- Ensure that the two requirements listed above have also been met by every player you intend to play with. Add these players as friends on Xbox. Visit the official Xbox website and sign in with your Xbox account if you want to invite friends to Xbox. Go to My Xbox>Friends. To find your friends by their accounts, use the search bar and add them.
- Make sure there is version homogeneity: The map you want to play on must have been developed for the most recent cross-play version. The most recent version of Minecraft must be installed on every player’s computer. e. , it must be a cross-play-compatible version, though ideally, everyone should always be playing the most recent version of the game.
- You’re now ready for cross-play. Open Minecraft on your device. Your friends will be listed under the Friends tab, which you can access. They can invite you to play on a map, or you can invite them.
Although fairly straightforward, cross-play on Minecraft is somewhat constrained by the Xbox service. This is expected given that a central service is required to link various platforms together. The dependency on an Xbox account won’t disappear, but it’s minimal, and once you set it up, you won’t need to worry about it again unless you want to add a friend.
How to Crossplay in Minecraft (PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC)(Bedrock Edition)
How do you add friends on Minecraft Windows 10 cross-platform?
Look for the “Invite to Game” option in the game’s menu. A screen will appear afterward and choose “Find Cross-Platform Friends. If you find your friend, type in their Minecraft gamertag or ID and choose “Add Friend.”
Can Windows 10 Minecraft play with ps4?
The Java Edition of Minecraft for PC is still an independent version that can only communicate with Java Edition players running on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. You’ll still need Bedrock Edition, which is currently only accessible on Windows 10 through the Microsoft Store, if you want to play with your console friends.
How do I enable Crossplay in Minecraft?
Make sure you are logged into your account when you launch Minecraft so you can load into a new or existing world. After logging in, go to the in-game pause menu and select “invite to Game” from the menu on the far right. On the following screen, choose the “Find Cross Platform Friends” option.
Can Windows 10 and Java Crossplay?
These two versions were created independently and have different features, making them incompatible with one another. Players of Minecraft: Java Edition are unable to access Windows 10 (and above) Realms, console games, mobile games, or other platforms.