The popularity of the fairly magical sandbox game Minecraft hasn’t peaked yet. Some may believe that its open-world setting and straightforward design account for its longevity and replay value. And while those two elements undoubtedly have an impact, it must be acknowledged that Minecraft mods play a significant role in the game’s enduring popularity.
To put it simply, community-created content known as “Minecraft mods” adds new features to the game, such as upgrades, variations, and expansions. They can be a lot of fun to experiment with, and for seasoned players, they can give a game new life that might otherwise become monotonous.
You don’t need to worry if you’ve always wanted to try out Minecraft mods but weren’t sure how to start. With the help of our comprehensive guide, installing Minecraft mods will be simple to comprehend and practically painless.
Once you’ve mastered the art of installing mods for Minecraft, be sure to check out CodaKids’ online courses. Enroll in a 14-day free trial.
- Find a mod on a modding site, and download a version compatible with your Forge, which should be the same version.
- Then, open the mods folder that you created before.
- Drag and drop the mod that you downloaded into the mods folder!
- That’s it.
Downloading and Installing Mods
1. Download the Minecraft Forge install file from http://files.minecraftforge.net/. 2. Double-click the Minecraft Forge install file after you download it. 3. Ensure “Install Client” is selected and click Next. 4. Search for Minecraft mods on Google. 5. Go to a Minecraft mod website and click a mod. 6. Click the download link for the mod. 7. Cut or copy the mod .jar or .zip folder in the Downloads folder. 8. Click Go in the menu bar at the top. 9. Hold the Options key and click Library. 10. Click the Application Support folder. 11. Open the Minecraft folder and then open or create a new folder called “mods” with a lower-case “m”. 12. Paste the mod file in the “mods” folder. 13. Launch Minecraft. 14. Select the “Forge” profile and click Play.
The installation of Forge, making a mods folder, and installing mods are the three main steps. I’m using macOS High Sierra.
After installing mods for my then seven-year-old son, who was determined to play mods, I wrote that old post. Here is an updated version since that was created almost four years ago. Enjoy!.
My documentation page on how to set up Minecraft mods on a Mac is by far my most popular post of all time. Nothing I’ve ever written has achieved anywhere near that post’s level of popularity. People don’t seem to care how I spent my weekend, but it’s obvious that many of them are interested in learning how to hack Minecraft.
PHASE I: Install Minecraft Forge
The prerequisite is installing Minecraft Forge before you can start downloading mods.
Users can download and run Minecraft mods on the free, open-source server known as Minecraft Forge. It’s designed to optimize simplicity and ease-of-use. Additionally, it aims to make the game and user-generated content as compatible as possible. With Forge, you can completely customize your Minecraft experience.
How To Download & Install Mods in Minecraft on Mac (Forge 2022)
Can you mod Minecraft on Mac?
Any mods created for Minecraft: Java Edition ought to function with Minecraft on Mac as well. You must first download and set up the Minecraft Forge API program in order to download mods for the game.
How do I install Minecraft mods without forge Mac?
- Make sure the Play button has an arrow next to it in the Minecraft Launcher by opening it.
- Go to the Forge download page and choose a Mac OS version.
- Select ”Latest” or ”Recommended. …
- Click the ”Skip” button.
- Run the JAR launcher, then install the Forge file by adhering to the on-screen prompts.