The magical world of Minecraft already offers almost infinite possibilities, but mods can make it even more spectacular. The additions and expansions known as “mods” can do almost anything you can think of, from drastically changing a game’s core mechanics to something as simple as changing the textures and models.
Even though Minecraft is already one of the best PC games, mods can give it new life for players who have been playing it for more than ten years. The uninitiated may find installing and using mods to be a difficult task. For this reason, we’ve created the ultimate guide to setting up and using mods in Minecraft: Java Edition.
- Step 1: Go to the official Forge website and download the recommended version of the software. …
- Step 2: Download the mods you want to install from a reliable source. …
- Step 3: Create the “mods” folder in the .minecraft directory. …
- Step 4: Move the downloaded mod into the Mods folder.
Vanilla Launcher Installation
The vanilla Minecraft launcher cannot run any mods by default. This is achieved by installing Minecraft Forge to your client. Visit our tutorial here for a thorough explanation of how to install Forge client-side.
Installing Minecraft Forge
- Navigate to the Minecraft Forge download page.
- Within the left-hand menu, select the version you require.
- Select either Installer from either the Latest or Recommended release.
- Save and run the downloaded Forge .jar file.
- Press “Ok” to install after verifying the accuracy of the information.
- Return to the Minecraft launcher after installation to make sure your Forge version is available.
Note: If you cannot locate your Forge profile, open the Launcher’s Installations tab and make sure the Modded box is checked.
- Access the Installations tab at the top of the Minecraft launcher.
- Select the Open Folder icon to the right of your Forge installation by hovering over it.
- Find or make the mods folder in the new window, then add it.
- Paste the mod .jar file(s) from earlier into this location.
- Once done, return to the MC launcher and press
CurseForge Launcher Installation
- Download and install the CurseForge launcher from their website.
- Open it and select Create Custom Profile from the top menu.
- Here, you can change the profile’s name and Minecraft version.
- Use the relevant dropdown menu if you need a specific Forge version.
- Finally, click Create to add Forge to this new profile automatically.
Installing Mods Manually
- From the CurseForge app, right-click your newly-created Custom Profile.
- Click the
Open Folderbutton and enter the opened window.
- Find the mods folder, open it, and then paste the mod file(s) here.
- Once finished, go back to CurseForge and click Play on your personalized profile.
To add more features to existing modpacks, this technique can also be used to install mod files.
Installing Mods Automatically
Mods can be installed directly from the app in addition to manually using the CurseForge launcher. Remember that not all mods are accessible using this technique.
- Within the CurseForge application, click on your Custom Profile.
- Under the
Installed Modssection, press
Add More Content.
- Search for the desired mod on the following page, then click Install.
- For your mod to function, CurseForge will automatically download the required files.
- Once completed, click
Playto load up your mod files.
While this tutorial focuses on the two most popular launchers, you can use these steps with any launcher that supports Forge-based versions of Minecraft, including modpacks. The procedure is the same regardless of the launcher; you must open the mods folder and include your jar files.
There are many causes for this, but one of the mod files frequently having problems is one of them. As well as making sure that any dependency mods are installed, make sure that all mods and Forge are running the same version of the game. If problems persist, see if there is any more information provided in the error message. Return to the launcher after finishing this to start the game again.
When this error occurs, it typically means that the server is using mods that your client does not have installed, or vice versa. Verify that every mod that is installed on the server is also present in your game. Enter the Mods tab from the main menu to verify that the mods are functioning properly. Restart the game and try to join again after the mod files have matched.
When this error occurs, you are likely trying to join the server from a vanilla version. If the Mods tab from the main menu appears, you can verify this. In the event that you are not, go back to your launcher and confirm that you are only launching from your Forge installation. After everything loads correctly, try to join the server again.
Start Your Minecraft Server
Start your own Minecraft server in five minutes and begin utilizing these fantastic features.
Start Your Game Server Today
With the click of a button, you can quickly and easily get your games like ARK, Rust, Project Zomboid, Valheim, and many others installed and ready to play.
How To Download & Install Minecraft Mods in 2022
Can you download mods on Minecraft Windows 10?
The simplest method to install Minecraft mods on Windows 10 is to use the program known as Minecraft Forge, which is the focus of this article. The tutorial is below. Step 1 is to visit the Forge website and download the program.
Can you download mods on Microsoft Minecraft?
No, the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition does not support the installation of mods. The only version of Minecraft with mods is Java Edition.
How do you download a mod for Minecraft?
Installing ModsMake a backup file of your Minecraft world. It’s crucial to backup your current world in case the new mod has any issues. Download Minecraft Forge. Download compatible mods. Install mods by copying the files into the /mods/ folder. Select your mods and run them.