There are already a ton of opportunities in Minecraft, like the nearly infinite seeds that can change the world. With mods, you can change your experience even further. There are numerous kinds of mods that introduce fresh tools, materials, creatures, foes, and game modes.
Do you want to learn how to install modpacks using Minecraft Forge? If so, read this article to find out how to do it and find common problems that may come up. We’ll also answer some questions related to modding in Minecraft.
- Open your Minecraft Launcher, then click on Installations at the top.
- Once there, locate your installed modded profile and select its Folder icon.
- In the newly opened window, enter the mods folder. …
- Afterward, drag and drop your mod JAR files into this area.
How to Download a Server Modpack
While the majority of modpacks can be installed and played on a computer, they are frequently unable to be used on the server. Modpacks will incorporate a separate Server Pack download to accomplish this. For a smooth server installation, these remove extraneous client mods and files.
- Locate the desired pack by going to the CurseForge Modpacks page.
- Click Files at the top of the page, then scroll down to see all versions.
- Locate and select the desired Server Pack version.
- Scroll down to Additional Files on the following page and click Download.
- Because it will be required later, save the file in a secure location.
- Visit the Technic website, then press
- Locate your desired modpack, then click to open it.
- Towards the right-hand side of the page, press
- Like before, save the file to a safe location.
- Before proceeding, download and configure ATLauncher.
- Open it, click the Packs tab, and then locate the modpack you want.
- To create your server, click the Create Server button and then adhere to the instructions.
- After that, select your new server under the Folders tab and then click Open Folder.
- Keep this folder open because it is necessary for the section below.
- Access the VoidsWrath modpacks website, then find your desired pack.
- Click the Download the Server Pack button after moving the cursor down the page.
- Move the .zip file to an easily accessible location.
How to Make a Modpack
The required modpack files may occasionally need to be assembled before being uploaded to the server. For ATLauncher packs or modpacks that cannot be found online, this is essential.
- Access the location of your modpack files.
- Mark any significant modpack files (if present) as well as the mods and configuration files.
- Zip the folders using a program like 7-ZIP and give them a name that is clear to understand.
- Keep this . Keep the zip file handy because it will soon be required.
Check the server’s configuration before continuing to ensure it is correct. This includes configuring the proper version on the server, without which the mods will not properly load.
- Navigate to your Apex server panel, then stop the server.
- Note the version after descending to the Game File section.
- Make sure the server is running the modpack’s compatible version of Forge or Fabric.
- Choose to create a new world when prompted, but don’t restart just yet.
- After that, log in to the FTP File Access on the left-hand side.
- Here, delete any existing
configfolders, if present.
Uploading the Files
In order to upload your modpack’s . use either our panel’s web FTP File Access or a third-party program like Filezilla to access the zip file. For more information on this, visit our full tutorial here.
- Log in as usual to the FTP File Access using your server panel.
- In your main server directory, press
Uploadin the top-left.
- Drag + drop your modpack . zip file into the right-hand side.
- Once at 100% complete, press Back to return to the main server directory
- Connect to your server using your preferred external FTP program.
- Once connected, enter your necessary server profile folder, if present.
- Drag + drop the modpack . zip file into this directory to begin uploading.
- Once finished, log into your panel and go to the previous FTP File Access.
Unzipping the Pack
- Within the FTP File Access, locate your modpack . zip file, then select it.
- Press the
Unzipbutton in the top-right of the page.
- After this, click
Submitto begin the unzipping process.
After completing this, you should go back to the main server directory and note the folders that are present. If everything went well, you should now be able to locate the mods, config, and any other relevant folders. You can now stop using FTP File Access and restart the server because of this.
(Optional) World Adjustments
You might also need to modify the level type, depending on the mods that you have installed. To do this, select the Config Files tab and then click Server Settings. Return to the main panel once more after modifying the Level Type field as necessary. To create a new world, just scroll down and click the Change World button.
I’m having trouble using the web FTP uploader. We advise only uploading small files when using the web FTP uploader. Once you begin uploading a large modpack . zip, you may encounter freezing or slow uploads. If this happens, using an external FTP program is highly advised for stability and upload speed. Our full guide on this process can be found here.
While there are many reasons why your server might crash, this is frequently brought on by either client-only mods or an outdated server version Make sure the server is running the modloader and the appropriate version for your modpack. If your pack is running Forge 1. 12. 2, running any version of Fabric will result in a crash. If there are any client-only mods, remove them from the server mods and restart the server.
If you can connect to the server but no mods load, there is usually a problem with either the modloader or the location of the mod files. First, make sure the server is configured to run the appropriate Forge or Fabric version for the pack. Additionally, verify that the mod . jar files are located directly inside of the mods folder. The server cannot find and load them if they are in another folder or somewhere else. Restart the server after making these modifications to try again.
Start Your Minecraft Server
Start your own Minecraft server in five minutes and begin utilizing these fantastic features.
Start Your Game Server Today
With the click of a button, you can quickly and easily get your games like ARK, Rust, Project Zomboid, Valheim, and many others installed and ready to play.