No other game comes close to what Minecraft has to offer in terms of customization. With the best mods for Minecraft, you can alter practically every aspect of the game, including the skin of your character and the world’s textures. But if you don’t know how to install Forge in Minecraft 1, none of that is possible. 19. Well, you have come to the right place. We have put together a detailed guide that explains everything you need to know about Forge. This is the only manual you will require to install your first mod in Minecraft, from downloading Forge. You have a lot to learn here, so let’s get going!
- From the Minecraft launcher, enter the Installations tab at the top.
- Hover over your Forge installation, then press the Open Folder icon to the right.
- In the new window, locate or create the mods folder, then enter it.
- Paste the mod . …
- Once done, return to the MC launcher and press Play .
How to install ‘Minecraft’ mods
Installing Minecraft Forge, looking for the desired mods online, adding your mods to “Minecraft,” and fixing any potential issues are all necessary before using mods in the game. Heres how to do it all.
Install Minecraft Forge
You must first install the free Minecraft Forge app in order to install “Minecraft” mods. A third-party program called Forge allows you to control, manage, enable, and remove any mod.
You can download Minecraft Forge from the official website. Try to download the “Recommended” version, and make sure that the number in the left sidebar corresponds with the version of “Minecraft” that you have.
Restart your computer after downloading and installing Forge, then launch the Minecraft Launcher. When the new options menu appears, select “Forge” and then click “Play.” “.
This will launch “Minecraft” with Forge enabled. If you did it correctly, the main menu should now include a new menu item called “Mods.”
Find the ‘Minecraft’ mods that you want
There are dozens of sites that offer “Minecraft” mods for free. Two of the most popular are minecraftmods.com and curseforge.com. If you cant find the mods you want there, you can always try searching for them on Google.
However, whatever source you use, do some research. Like with any third-party download, you should do some research to make sure the mod download is secure and won’t break your game or worse, install malware.
Ensure that any mod you download is compatible with the particular “Minecraft” version that you are using.
Both of these websites have comment sections and search capabilities that allow users to report any problems they may have had with a mod download.
You can sort through and select mods on Curseforge that have received millions of downloads.
Add your mod to ‘Minecraft’
- To view your mod in action, download the desired mod file and then put it in the Forge-created “mods” folder. If you are unable to locate this folder, save the downloaded mod file elsewhere. Your files should be saved in the specific “Mods” folder. Emma Witman/Insider .
- Open “Minecraft” while Forge is active, then select “Mods” from the main menu.
- Click “Open mods folder. ” This will open Forges folder for installing mods.
- Next, locate the downloaded mod file using your Windows File Explorer or Mac’s Finder and drag it or copy it into the appropriate Forge mods folder.
- If the mod is active, it will be listed in the left column, as is the case with the “Zombie Extreme” mod displayed here. Launch “Java” with Forge selected after restarting your computer to ensure the mods are installed. The mod you installed should be listed when you access the “Mods” menu.
Don’t panic if “Minecraft” won’t load after installing one or more mods. Bugs and other issues are inevitable, and they typically arise for straightforward reasons.
Verify that the correct files were copied over and that the mod you downloaded is compatible with the version of “Minecraft” that you are using. “.
If “Minecraft” cannot load, it will display an error log that you can review to determine which mod is to blame. When you’ve located it, launch again after opening the mods folder and removing the offending mod.
How to install ‘Minecraft’ resource packs
Additionally, resource packs can be installed to change up your Minecraft world. They won’t change the gameplay, but they can alter the appearance of blocks and buildings, as well as give the game fun cosmetics, distinctive sounds, and additional languages.
- Download the preferred resource pack, which should be available as a zip file, and copy the file. Dont unzip the file, but copy it zipped.
- Open “Minecraft: Java Edition,” and click “Options,” then “Resource Packs. ” The resource pack menu is in the “Options” list. Emma Witman/Insider .
- Choose “Open Pack Folder,” then drag and drop or paste the zip file into the folder. Restart “Minecraft” if you don’t see the resource pack listed right away under “Available.” ” It should appear. Move the . zip files as they are, without opening them. Emma Witman/Insider .
- Move the resource pack from “Available” to “Selected. In the “Selected” box, drag the mod from the “Available” box. Emma Witman/Insider Youre all set. You might notice changes right away depending on the resource pack.
How to turn resource packs on and off while playing
You can toggle your resource packs on and off while playing if you find the new resource pack distracting or if you want to compare the modified textures to the originals.
- Press Esc to open the menu, then click “Options.”
- Click “Resource packs…”
- The resource pack folder you previously opened via the game’s main menu will be opened by this. Here, you can access your computer’s resource pack folder and enable or disable resource packs.
HOW TO INSTALL FORGE & MODS!! 1.8.9
How do you install mods on Minecraft 1.8 Java?
Mods for Minecraft: Java Edition — Installing ForgeGo to the Forge website on your computer to download the Forge mod installer. Look for the Forge version you want to install. When you’ve found the Forge version you want to install, click on the sizable “Installer” button that’s next to that version of Forge.
How to install Forge 1.8 2022?
Visit the official Minecraft Forge website once you are familiar with your game’s version. Here, you must click on the left sidebar to choose your game version. After that, you must click the “Installer” button in the page’s middle.
How do I manually install Minecraft mods?
How to Install Minecraft Mods ManuallyInstall Minecraft Forge. The most popular modding add-on is Minecraft Forge. Download the Mods You Want. The next step involves downloading Minecraft mods. Copy the Mod to the /mods Folder. It’s time to install some Minecraft mods. Check the Mod Installation.