Minecraft has sold over 200 million copies worldwide. In multiplayer worlds, kids and adults from all over are mining, crafting, and playing Minecraft together; this fosters the development of players’ social skills, their capacity for problem-solving, and their capacity for creativity. It’s amazing how many benefits there are for playing Minecraft.
However, you can’t control exactly who connects to the public servers, and as a result, who your child is interacting with online. On a public internet server, players can collaborate to create bigger and better things than they could have made alone. The good news is that by setting up your own server, you can monitor who connects to and interacts with your child’s virtual world.
To get you started hosting your own Minecraft server for your student, we created some instructions. These were produced utilizing iD Game Plan, the same learning management system used by campers.
These instructions are meant for parents who are assisting their children before you attempt to do any of this at home. Kids MUST therefore ask their parents for permission and select a time when they can supervise and assist. Anyone with your external IP address can connect to your online server and play in your Minecraft world if you set it up and run it. When inviting people to play on your server, be careful!
Keep a record of who you and your child invite to play on your server by doing so. Only inviting players you actually know in person is the best way to keep your server secure and happy. There are a lot of nice people on the internet, but by restricting your server to people you’ve met, you won’t be surprised by who your kids are interacting with.
- Find a server on a Minecraft server listing website.
- Read the descriptions and pick one you like. …
- Start Minecraft, click Multiplayer and click Add Server. …
- You will be taken back to the server list. …
- Click the server, click Join Server.
Knowledgebase Portal Home Knowledgebase Minecraft How to Join a Minecraft Server (PC / Java Edition)
How to connect to your Minecraft server is covered in the following video tutorial:
There are some things to think about if you want to join a Minecraft PC/Java Edition server:
- Any Java Edition or Minecraft PC server must be running on the server.
- Have Minecraft installed on your computer. You may download the installer from Minecrafts official site: https://minecraft. net/en-us/download/.
- The version of Minecraft on your client computer must match the one used by the server. The version is displayed in the lower-left corner of your Minecraft client.
HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR SERVER ADDRESS (IP & PORT)
To get started, you need to identify the address of the server you want to join. If you own a Shockbyte server, you can find your server address on your Multicraft server panel (https://mc.shockbyte.com). This will be labeled as “Server Address” as shown in the screenshot below.
In the example above, the server address is 192. 168. 2. 1:12345. In this case, the last five numbers are the server port, and the set of numbers before the “:” symbol is the server IP.
HOW TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVER (PC / JAVA)
You can now join the server by following the instructions below once you have the server address:
- On the Minecraft client, click the Multiplayer button.
- On the Multiplayer screen, click the Add Server button.
- (1) On the Edit Server Info screen, in the Server Name textbox, type the name you want to give your server. Put your server’s address (IP and port) in the (2) Server Address textbox.
- Once youve completely filled out your server information, click Done.
- Once your server has been successfully added to the Multiplayer page, you can connect by clicking the right-pointing arrow button over the server icon, double-clicking the server, or selecting your server and then clicking the Join Server button.
You’re done and can now access a Java Edition or PC version of Minecraft server.
Managing Director @ Shockbyte
- Minecraft, a Minecraft server, a Minecraft client, a Minecraft Java Edition server, and a Minecraft PC
- 102 Users Found This Useful
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial will show you how to switch your worlds from Vanilla to Spigot. If youre looking to convert.
There are resources available if you get stuck and need assistance with running your Minecraft server.
Most likely, if you’ve ever played on other Minecraft servers, you’ve seen them.
In our video tutorial, we demonstrate how to edit configuration files in Notepad.
Shockbyte provides customized hosting packages that are sometimes even bigger than Minecraft hosting packages.
How To Join To Your Own Minecraft Server (Get Your Friends On Your Minecraft Server)
How do I find my server IP for Minecraft?
Navigate to “Settings. ” Select “Network. ” Select “View Connection Status. The “View Connection Status” menu’s “IP Address” section is where you can find your server’s address. ”.
How do I join a Minecraft server with just an IP?
In any case, enter the IP address that you copied to your clipboard into the Server Address box. For Direct Connection, click Join Server. Click Done for Add Server, then double-click or pick the server from your list and click Join Server to connect.
Can you play Minecraft private servers free?
Aternos Offers Players a Free Private Minecraft Server Starter Aternos is another free platform that provides players with private Minecraft servers. Similar to Minehut, Aternos makes server setup simple. You only need to set up a free account, add a server, and personalize it to your preferences.
How do I join a private Minecraft server on bedrock?
Press the Play button on the Minecraft Pocket Edition application to connect to your Pocket/Bedrock Edition server. Navigate to the Servers tab. On the Servers tab, press the Add Server button. Enter your Server Name, Server Address, and Port. Press Play to quickly join the server.