The end realm is the final location in Minecraft, as suggested by its name. Players must enter the end dimension to face the game’s final boss, the ender dragon.
The final dimension can initially be quite frightening for new players. It has a pitch-black sky and an empty void bottom. Players spawn on a 5x5x1 obsidian platform when they enter the end dimension.
This article provides information on the end dimension and all that new players should be aware of.
The exit portal has a similar appearance to the end portal but is designed differently. It has a central bedrock pillar with a torch on each side and a 7-block wide bowl-shaped frame of bedrock in place of an end portal frame made of blocks. After first defeating the ender dragon, a dragon egg appears atop the pillar.
There are four torches and 16 end stone blocks, one under each outer bedrock block. When the ender dragon is defeated or respawns, any blocks that were removed will regenerate. (Note: The torches are fastened to the middle, next-to-top bedrock block.
The portal returns the player to their spawn point. Upon respawning, all effects are removed from the player. When a player first enters the exit portal, the credits begin to play.
If a non-player entity, such as falling sand or thrown objects, passes through, it is sent to the world spawn.
A player passes through the portal if they die above it, such as by flying into a bedrock column with enough force. In Java Edition, the players items disappear. The player’s items in Bedrock Edition return to the world spawn point.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Gamerscore earned||Trophy type (PS4)|
|The End||Kill the Enderdragon [sic]||Enter the end exit portal.||40G||Bronze|
|[No displayed name]||
On the bug tracker, problems with “Exit portal” are kept up to date. Report issues there.
- If a player completes the exit portal in Bedrock Edition by breaking every end portal block, the entire structure regenerates after 5 seconds.
- This regeneration process is repeated until a portal block successfully regenerates if all of the portal blocks have end crystals above (causing the fire to continuously eliminate the portal).
- The portal blocks generate in the exit portal as usual if the exit portal generates at the highest possible height and the ender dragon is vanquished, but the dragon egg does not spawn because its intended location exceeds the build height limit.
- The exit portal might not even generate at all. The exit portal would not generate because it would be cut by the void if no blocks generated below x=0, z=0, and the only thing to generate would be a small pillar.
- If there are additional end portal blocks in the End in Bedrock Edition and the exit portal structure is entirely destroyed, it won’t regenerate until the additional end portal blocks are taken out.
Minecraft: How to Escape The End
Can you leave the end without killing the dragon?
Originally Answered: Yes, by passing away, you can leave the end without slaying the Ender Dragon. The portal created when the dragon dies is the only one that ultimately connects you to the outside world.
How do I find the end exit portal?
When there is an ender dragon fight going on, the exit portal deactivates and always generates at coordinates 0,0 in the End. The terrain’s height determines the portal’s y-level, which sets the portal blocks at the y-level of the highest block found at 0,0.
How do you get rid of the end in Minecraft?
Find a stronghold and an end portal in Minecraft before removing the end portal frames. Activate the end portal. Find the middle block by going to the side of the end portal. Put a block of dirt close to the end portal’s two sides. Place a red mushroom on top of each dirt block.