* If applicable, the version to which it was added or removed NOTE: Bedrock Edition has replaced Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition. We will continue to show them individually for version history.
- get a new map.
- go to the area of which you need a map.
- open the map to initialize it.
- use a crafting table to extend the map to factor 1:2.
- move around to fill the map.
- repeat until you have all maps you need.
Where do I find a map in Creative Mode?
The Miscellaneous section of the creative menu is where you can find maps.
What do you need to make a Map in Minecraft?
To craft a map in Minecraft, you will need:
- Crafting Table
- 8 Paper
- 1 Compass
How to Make a Map in Minecraft?
This is a step-by-step picture tutorial on how to create a map in Minecraft:
Building a crafting table is the first step in creating a map. Converting recently acquired logs into wooden planks is the first step in building a crafting table.
Place the gathered logs into one of the slots on the survival inventory crafting table as shown below to create wooden planks.
Once the logs are converted into wooden planks, you can then progress to making a crafting table. This guide explains more about how to make a crafting table.
Next, you must find enough sugar cane. Maps require 8 pieces of paper, so a player needs to gather 9 pieces of sugar cane to complete one map.
If you own a sugar cane farm, collecting sugar cane is easiest, but it can also be done in almost any biome. It can be found close to a lake, river, or the ocean. This is so that it can grow, as sugar cane requires a block of water next to it.
You can then use your sugar cane to make paper. To learn more about making paper, you can use this link!
Next, you must make a compass.
Compasses need materials like iron and Redstone, so mining is necessary at low levels of the world’s surface. Redstone is a fairly common substance, but it must be mined with an iron pickaxe.
To make an iron pickaxe, use the crafting recipe below.
To learn more about making a compass, you can use this link!
You can start making your map now that you have paper and a compass.
To make a Map in Minecraft,
Step 1: Set up your crafting table and launch the GUI for it.
Step 2: Next, insert paper into every square outside of the center, except for the outermost border.
Step 3: Next, align the center of the compass as shown below.
Give a map in Minecraft by using the command /give @p minecraft:filled_map 1.
- By using the third person, you can use a map without it obstructing your view of the screen.
- Certain programs can be used to make customizable maps. Instead of actual maps, these allow players to add their own graphics or text.
- You can create a huge map of an area on a wall using maps and item frames by placing numerous maps of a sizable area.
You’ve just created a map in Minecraft, which can be used in a variety of ways, including for survival and aesthetic purposes. It’s doing its job as long as it functions properly for you!
Page History: How to make a Map in Minecraft
- Incorrect facts
- Writing style
- Website Design
- Missing Topics
Popular In Minecraft Wiki
Minecraft: How to make a Map – (Minecraft make a Map)
How do I create a map Minecraft Creative?
Get a cartography table, add paper to the map. Alternately, try encircling a map with paper on a craft table.
How do you get a full map in creative mode?
When the player first creates a map, it is blank. Hold the blank map and select use item to turn it into a map item that, as the player moves through its boundaries, gradually fills with information.