Like most games, Minecraft has a built-in feature that allows you to designate certain players as the server’s administrators. Mojang, the game developer, has chosen the term OP (operator).
You can assign OP players using the NodePanel, console commands, or even in-game commands (given by other players who have already been granted OP status).
- Log in to your server’s control panel and select your Minecraft server.
- On the left-hand side of your control panel click “Console”.
- In your console, type “op <username>”. …
- Press the “Enter” key on your keyboard to enter that command.
Giving OP through the Server Console
Through your server’s control panel, making a player an operator is easy and only requires one command. If your server doesn’t yet have any operators, this is the quickest way to start operating players.
- Navigate to your servers’ console after logging into your control panel.
- On the textbox of your console, type op . Replace with the Minecraft username you want to OP.
- Press enter on your keyboard or click the Send button. A confirmation message stating that the player has been added as an operator will appear on your console. You must enclose a player’s username in quotation marks if it contains a space, as in the following example: op “Minecraft Fan123.”
Giving OP In-Game
It is more convenient to op a player in-game, but you must already be opped. You must first operate through the console if you are not a server operator.
- Enter the command /op in-game, replacing the player’s name with the one you want to op.
- Press enter on your keyboard. You’ll get a confirmation message letting you know the player is now an operator.
Removing a Player as OP:
Similar to opping players, removing their operator roles is also possible through your console or in-game commands:
- Use the command deop in your server console to terminate an operator.
- To remove an operator in-game, use the command
If you require any further assistance, please contact our support at:
Managing Director @ Shockbyte
- OP, operator, opped
- 168 Users Found This Useful
Was this answer helpful?
Periodically, world data can be automatically saved by Minecraft servers. By default,.
A Minecraft tutorial video is available for making a flat or superflat world.
In the exclusive Minecraft Java Edition feature known as advancement, players can
If you want to use your Minecraft server world, here’s a video tutorial on how to do it.
On your Minecraft server, you can disable world saved messages using the video tutorial below:
How To OP Yourself on A Minecraft Server
How do I Op someone on a server?
How to set and remove OPClick the console tab on the left-hand side of the server panel. In the command line type “op (Username)” and press enter. The message “Player is now an operator” should appear. You can also do this in-game by typing “/op (Username)”. You must be opped in order to use this command.
How do I Op someone in Minecraft?
Giving OP in-game requires you to first op yourself through the console if you are not a server operator. Enter /op as the command. Press enter on your keyboard.
What is OP command in Minecraft?
OP stands for “operator status. OP players have access to server commands like /ban, which adds a player to the banlist. /kick – Kicks player from server. /difficulty – Sets the difficulty level.
What is the command to unop someone in Minecraft?
Use the in-game command /deop (username) to take op away from a player.