- Launch Minecraft and select Multiplayer. Open the multiplayer menu. …
- Click Add Server.
- In the Server Address box, enter the host server’s address and click Done. This might be an IP address, or a URL. …
- Wait for the server to connect, and when it appears in the list, select it and click Join Server.
Minecraft Multiplayer for Public Servers
Public servers are what most Java players use to link up with others. Servers are free to join and you can find them by using any of the many server-listing sites such as MinecraftServers.org (just search “Minecraft Servers” in your web browser to find more listing sites).
Here’s a quick overview since we’ve already covered an in-depth guide on How to Join a Minecraft Server:
- Make a copy of the server’s IP address that you want to use. This will look something like “makeuseof. example. com” .
- Navigate to the Multiplayer screen in your Minecraft client. Click on Add Server or Direct Connection.
- Paste the IP address into the box labeled Server Address.
- Give the server a name and click Done if you selected Add Server in step 3. Then double-click the server from your list or select it and choose Join Server. If you chose Direct Connection, click Join Server.
Enjoy playing Minecraft with friends!
There are public servers you can join to play Minecraft with your friends in Bedrock Edition, even though your options are more limited than those of Java Edition players.
- Start Minecraft BE. Click Play and navigate to the Servers tab.
- You can select one of the featured servers from the list, which has servers with lots of players and game modes like Skywars, Build Battle, and others.
- You can also add another server by clicking Add Server.
- Enter the servers name, IP address, and port. Click Save to keep this server bookmarked.
Youre all set! Enjoy Minecraft multiplayer in Bedrock Edition.
Minecraft Multiplayer for Private Servers
You’ll need the server’s IP address if your friend is operating a private server, either on their personal computer or through third-party hosting services. To join, simply copy and paste it like a public server address.
How to Join a Minecraft Server covers how to find an IP address for a public server if you’re unsure how to do it.
Make Minecraft Multiplayer Easy With Realms
Although they are not cross-compatible (a friend using Java Edition cannot play on a Bedrock Edition player’s realm), realms function in both Minecraft Bedrock Edition and Java Edition.
Realms are Minecrafts version of personal servers. This is the simplest method for making a private world that you can build and craft with your friends.
How to Create a Realm
Java Edition: First, youll need to purchase a subscription for a Realm (you can check the pricing plans on Minecrafts website). You can activate a 30-day free trial to test the waters and cancel anytime.
Open Minecraft and select Minecraft Realms once you’ve subscribed. Click to begin creating your new Realm if this is your first time doing so. Before selecting your world type, you can give your Realm a name and a brief description here.
Choose from creating a brand-new world, uploading a previous world save, or perusing the templates, adventures, and experiences available in Realms World.
After creating your realm, select Configure Realm (the wrench icon), then select Players. Now all you have to do to add a friend to your server’s whitelist is click Invite player, enter their username, and then click Invite player once more. Your friend will receive an invitation to join your Realm.
Bedrock Edition: Minecraft BE is slightly different.
- Start Minecraft BE and click Play. Head to Worlds and choose Create New.
- Choose Create New World again.
- Select Create on Realms from the left pane. Choose a 2 or 10 player Realm capacity.
- To create a two-player realm, choose Create Realm after giving your realm a name, reading and accepting the terms and conditions.
- Select Buy Now from the navigation list for a 10 Player Realm. Choose Start Free Trial, enter your Realm name, review and accept the terms and conditions, and then click
How to Join a Minecraft Realm
Java Edition: Launch Minecraft and go to Minecraft Realms if you’ve received an invitation to join your friends’ realm.
There is a tiny envelope icon to the right of the word “Minecraft Realms” at the top of the screen. You can click this envelope to accept any pending invitations to join your friends’ realms.
Request the invite code from the Realm’s creator for the Bedrock Edition. This should look like “realms. gg/abcxyz”—we only need the characters after “realms. gg/”.
Launch Minecraft, then click Play. Head to Friends and click on Join Realm. Click Join after entering the invite code you were given by the Realm’s owner. Youre all set!.
How to Play Minecraft With Friends: Cross-Platform
One of the expanding numbers of games with cross-platform compatibility is Minecraft Bedrock Edition. The only restriction is that both of your versions must be the same; Java Edition players cannot play with Bedrock Edition players.
But you can definitely play Bedrock Edition on your iPhone or Android phone while your friend plays on their Xbox, PC, VR headset, or Switch. Connect with other players using one of the methods on this list; Realms is your best option for a hassle-free experience.
How to Play Minecraft LAN
A LAN (Local Area Network) connection is a simple way to craft with friends who are nearby, while servers are the best way to play Minecraft with friends who are far away.
You can do this fairly easily if you share the same local IP address as the player you want to join. Launch Minecraft and click on Multiplayer. Minecraft will automatically scan for games on your local network.
Your list of servers will indicate any available LAN worlds that another player has. The server can be double-tapped, or you can highlight it and select Join Server.
LAN play is on by default in Bedrock Edition. You can join any games that are available on your network by going to the Worlds tab and selecting them.
Additionally, you can play Minecraft Bedrock Edition split-screen on LAN with up to four players at once (only for consoles).
Now You Can Play Minecraft Multiplayer
Knowing how to play Minecraft with others will enable you to collaborate or have parties with your friends, greatly expanding your Minecraft experiences.
In light of this, you might be interested in adding some modifications to liven things up. The best way to manage your mods and prevent game crashes at startup is with Forge.
Prepare your servers now and start playing multiplayer Minecraft!
Would you rather go without sugar for a week, or not use the internet for a week?