With millions of players, the straightforward but limitless game of Minecraft, it’s simple to find players to play with. It’s not always obvious how to play multiplayer with your friends, though.
Depending on whether you have the more recent, console-friendly Bedrock edition or the vintage Java edition of Minecraft, how you play multiplayer will change. You can only play with friends who have the same edition, regardless of which one you own.
There are a few different ways to play with your friends if that version is Java.
Hosting a multiplayer Minecraft game should only take a short amount of time, regardless of whether you feel up to the task of joining a public server or creating your own server (which is less terrifying than it sounds), want to host a local LAN server, or would prefer to use the paid “Realms” server-hosting option.
Quick tip: You must all be playing the same version of Minecraft in order to play with others.
Main Menu of Minecraft
You must visit the game’s website to run the installer after purchasing and installing Minecraft. Go to the games menu after that and select the game you want to play.
A new screen with a name and password field will be displayed. Set other information, including the number of players, game language, graphic, sound, and other crucial settings, using your registered name and password.
Your first game as a beginner
Choose the desired player option and click Create New World. Give the desired name to your world.
Select More Options to enjoy additional controls over the world you have created. Precisely it will turn on the game cheats. Each time you complete a higher level in a game, the complexity level of the cheats will rise.
Different modes of Minecraft
- In the survival mode, your role will be that of a generic character who must gather and mine supplies to survive.
- Create Mode: In this mode, you’ll be given a variety of tools that are necessary for survival, and your goal is to create various worlds.
- Adventure: As the name implies, this mode offers fun challenges where your goal is to continuously complete a number of tasks in order to reach your ultimate objective.
- Spectator: In this mode, you can peer into other worlds as an invisible observer.
- Hardcore: In this, you play a very active role, and the difficulties and repercussions are more severe. Moreover, your character can even be killed without revival.
Important factors to consider while playing Minecraft
You must keep in mind a few crucial elements in order to play confidently and have the best Minecraft experience. Here are a few of them:
Server: The server is crucial for both improving the players’ overall experience and, more importantly, preventing hackers from gaining access. Therefore, be sure to use a high-performance server with built-in anti-hack safeguards.
Additionally, home servers offer survival kits that can save lives. You can learn a lot from using it as a beginner, but there are some trade-offs. For instance, if you won’t be using one, you might have to skip getting the cornucopia chest. Check to see if the kit is free or if you must pay extra to purchase it.
To fight with full force, you must undergo proper training, and during the initial phase, defending yourself is more important than defeating the opposition. Find the kit with the best armor to protect you from the enemy’s attack instead of focusing only on the weapons.
How to play Minecraft with your friends?
It’s important to understand how to play Minecraft with your friends before we discuss playing techniques. e. how do you invite your friends to play Minecraft with you?
With Minecraft, you can use LAN to communicate with your friends and play the game with anyone in your local network’s coverage area. Your friends must be present and connected to your WiFi in order to create a LAN world for you.
Steps to make a LAN world
- Open Minecraft and connect with your single player world
- Now open the game menu by pressing Esc key
- Now select the desired game mode for other players and whether or not to allow cheats by pressing the Open to LAN option.
- Press Start LAN World
Joining a LAN world
- Go to Minecraft and click Multiplayer tab
- Go to the bottom of the list. Here is a list of LAN Worlds that includes the username of your friend followed by the name of the world.
It is advised to purchase a Minecraft server if you are a serious player looking for a premium experience. Numerous hosting companies provide trustworthy Minecraft server packages, and you can pick the one that best suits your requirements and price range.
Now that you can play Minecraft with your friends for free, you may be wondering why you need a server. Buying your own Minecraft server offers you several benefits.
Benefits of playing Minecraft with your friends through your server
- The choice to select any of your desired Minecraft versions
- There is no cap on the number of friends who can play together (you can upgrade your Minecraft plan at any time to add more players).
- It enables you to modify Minecraft past Vanilla
- If you want to play Minecraft Java Edition with your friends and have a more deluxe experience, purchasing a modded Minecraft server is the best choice to take into consideration.
One thing to keep in mind is that only PCs running the Windows 10 edition, iOS, and Android are capable of connecting to the Bedrock Edition server. Other platforms, such as the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, etc., are not compatible.
Creating your Minecraft server
- Check the pricing and plan details on the website of your hosting provider first, then choose the one you want to purchase. Continue with your order and follow the instructions to pay for it.
- After completing the ordering process, you will either see a success message or receive mail-based confirmations, depending on your hosting provider.
- The email will include all necessary details and connection instructions for the server.
- Find your IP address through the game panel so you can connect to your server.
Joining a Minecraft Java Edition Server
- Visit Minecraft site and head to the Multiplayer tab
- Enter the desired name in the server name field after clicking the Add server option at the bottom. Now provide the server IP address and port. Press Done.
- The chosen server will be added to the list in the multiplayer tab after you are directed there.
- When you choose a server and select “Join Server,” the server will connect you.
Joining a Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server
- Visit Minecraft and press the option Play
- Press Add server on the servers tab
- Put your IP address in the Server Address field and the Server Name in the appropriate field.
- Don’t add port
- Now enter your server port into the Port field
- Save it, then select the server you want to join.
In-built Realms in Minecraft are another option you have besides using server hosting. But be prepared to give up the advantages of having your own Minecraft server. You may be unable to fully enjoy Minecraft friends due to a number of restrictions and unique Realms conditions.
Limitations of Minecraft Realms
- Limited player slots
- It doesn’t permit players to use mods/plugins
- Only specific members can join as per the restrictions
- No support available
- When comparing cost to value, it could end up being expensive because of the limited resources, service, and experience. advantages).
Steps to create a Realms Server (Java Edition)
- Go to Minecraft and select Minecraft Realms
- Click Buy Realm by scrolling to the screen’s bottom
- You will be taken to the Minecraft website’s subscription settings page.
- Users of the current Realm setup will see a listing with it. If not, you can do so by selecting the Subscribe option and setting up your realms.
- You’ll be taken to a page where you can make a payment and buy the realm.
- You can find the listing there and a green light next to it if you go back to the Realms tab. Press it. Now you can play by clicking the Play button.
Joining a Realms Server (Java Edition)
- Your friends should invite you to the Realms server
- Go to Configure realms and select the Player tab if you want to invite your friends to join your realms.
- The invitation will be sent to your friend after you click and enter their username.
- To view the various realms that have invited you to join, click the icon labeled “New Invitations” at the top of the Realms page. Select the desired realm and then press play.
Creating a Realms Server (Bedrock Edition)
- Go to Minecraft and click play
- Head over to World tabs
- Click create new to build a new Realm
- Clicking will give you the option to use the current Realms world or start a new one.
- You must be logged into your Xbox Live account for this option to function. Additionally, you can open a trial account with a 30-day expiration date. After logging in, select Realms from the menu at the top of the screen, and then select Your Realm Listing.
- To pay your monthly fees, select the “buy now” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- For joining the Realms, you should have been invited
- To invite other players, click the pencil-shaped icon next to the name of your Realm and choose “Members.”
- Get the invite link by clicking the share tab. Send the link to the friends you want to invite.
- They can sign up for an Xbox Live account or sign in with their existing one by clicking the link, and doing so will automatically add those friends to your Realm’s white list.
- If any of your friends sent you the joining link, simply click the “friend” tab to view the listing. You can now join by selecting it.
You might be eager to learn how to play Minecraft at this point. This game can be played on a computer, a laptop, a handheld mobile device, and other devices with an internet connection. Here we will concentrate on a few options:
How to play minecraft on your PC?
- Download the latest version of minecraft game on your PC.
- It is a paid version, and at the time of writing, downloading Minecraft costs USD. However, as prices are subject to change, you can check them by visiting the official Minecraft website.
How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on PC! (Java Edition Tutorial)
How do you Play Minecraft with friends on a computer?
Playing on a Local Area Network (LAN)Choose a host computer. Launch the game and click Single Player. Create a new world or open an existing one. Press Esc to enter that world, then click Open to LAN. Choose a game mode to set for the other players.
Can you Play Minecraft on PC with friends for free?
In Minecraft, there are three different ways to play with others, two of which are free. You can buy a Minecraft Realm, start your own, or join a public server. For local multiplayer in Minecraft, you can set up a LAN server if your friends are connected to the same network.
Why can’t I Play with friends on Minecraft PC?
Restart your device. Try connecting with a wireless connection if you’re on a wired connection, and vice versa. Try connecting with another network connection if possible. If you’re using a VPN, try turning it off.
Do I need a server to Play Minecraft with friends?
Split screen console play. When playing Minecraft on a console, the split screen feature is a great way for kids to game together offline, without needing servers (or having to play for Realms) and without requiring an internet connection.