Minecraft Education Edition update 1. To access the Cave and Cliffs part 1’s features, download and install version 17.
Java Edition is now available for free download for Xbox Game Pass subscribers who support Microsoft. You can also play on computers with snapshot 21w44a for the Java Edition, but you’ll need to install a new launcher.
This new launcher is currently available, but it does not work with this game version.
Articles in this section
This article will address many queries you may have regarding updating to a new version or enabling / disabling automatic updates in Minecraft Education, which frequently releases updates with new features to improve your experience.
Updating Minecraft Education on your devices
- When a user logs into their computer, the desktop app (Windows) will check for updates if https://downloads minecrafteduservices. com is not blocked by your network. Automatic updates can be blocked by performing the following: 1. Search for “Task Scheduler” 2. Select “Task Scheduler Library” in the left menu 3. In the list that appears, select “Minecraft Education Automatic Updater” with the right mouse button. Select “Disable” from the context menu that appears .
- When the update is available, the store app for Windows will send out a store notification. Automatic updates can be configured in store settings.
- Chromebook: Updates are configured in the managed Play Store. Guidance can be found here.
- Mac app: Manual installation required from our download page
- Updates and automatic updates for the iPad app can be controlled through the App Store. Guidance can be found here.
Note: If a device does not auto update, it may be because your organization has blocked automatic updates. If you have install permissions, you can always download the latest version from our download page.
How to manually update
- When you uninstall your current version, they might be deleted, so make a backup of your worlds. Keep in mind that worlds are only deleted when you manually update, not when you automatically update.
- Remove the version that is currently installed on your device.
- For the most recent version, download it from the download page.
The version number is visible when you launch Minecraft Education in the lower right corner of the home screen.
Info on latest content in the newest version
Check out the Whats New page for information about the latest release, including version number and new features.
- Search for “Task Scheduler” in the left menu, then choose “Task Scheduler Library.” Right-click “Minecraft Education Automatic Updater” in the list that appears, and then choose “Disable” from the context menu that appears.
- Use the steps listed here in reverse to install a Windows Store app.
- No automatic updates
- See Apples guide to automatic updates here
Update Minecraft Education Edition
Can you get 1.17 on Education Edition?
30 is a significant update to Minecraft Education that was made available on November 2, 2021. It is the first GOAT Update release.
How do I update my version of Minecraft Education Edition?
How to manually updateBack up your worlds before uninstalling your current version in case they get deleted Remove the version that is currently installed on your device. For the most recent version, download it from the download page.
Can you get 1.18 on Minecraft Education Edition?
10. The Minecraft Education Mobile, Multiplayer Beta version is 04 The Caves were updated with.